Launched in 1995, the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care is a non-profit world-wide association of healthcare professionals, industries, lay caregivers, and patients. The AAWC is interdisciplinary as well as multidisciplinary.
The overall functions, activity and creations of the AAWC are directed solely by its Board of Directors and its members.
The AAWC is overseen by an elected multidisciplinary Board of Directors, including representatives from each of the following disciplines – nursing, physical therapy, medicine, industry, research, member at large, consumer, and one international representative.
Our official meeting site is the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care and our official journals are OstomylWound Management and WOUNDS: A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice.
• Free subscription to BOTH official journals: Ostomy/Wound Management and WOUNDS. A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice
• 20% discount* on registration to the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (*one discount applies if you join as an Organization)
• Admission to Interactive Forum meetings at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care
• 35% discount on AAWC Educational Wound Image Sets on CD Rom
• 25% discount on Chronic Wound Care, Third Edition (to order call 800-237-7285, ext. 246)
• Certificate of Membership
• Quarterly Newsletter
• Annual Networking Directory
• Annual Wound Care Clinic Directory
• Annual Scholarship Program
• AAWC “Wound Patient’s Bill Of Rights”
• E-mail information lines: [email protected]
• Updates on AAWC activities in the Association Pages of our official journals, Ostomy/Wound Management and WOUNDS
• Additional benefits for members are under consideration and development.
The goals of the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care are to:
Promote excellence in wound caring and provide educational opportunities, for the members of the AAWC .
Heighten awareness of valid professional standards for wound care.
Enhance consistency and coordination of wound care across the healthcare ontinuum.
Encourage the development/dissemination of clinical and economic outcomes of wound care.
Evaluate the awareness among the general public regarding wounds as a significant health problem.
Encourage the enhancement of the scientific rigor of wound care.
Foster communication of research findings to clinical practice.
Provide knowledge and increase understanding of wound care issues for the payer community.
Create an awareness of the significance and impact of the changing healthcare environment in wound care.
Foster cooperation among members of the AAWC and other associations and groups involved in wound care.
Champion wound care patient advocacy issues.
Promote patient and lay caregiver understanding, compliance, and accountability.
Represent the diverse interests of the interdisciplinary AAWC members.
Increase the membership and involvement of the AAWC members
|$120.00 U.S. Annually
|$300.00 U.S. Annually
|$50.00 U.S. Annually
|$25.00 U.S. Annually
Printable Application: Click here to go to printable application form. Print out from browser, fill in and fax or mail back. You cannot fill out this form on the screen
Submit Application Online: Click here to fill out form on screen and submit via the Internet.